Public Education Committee
THE CONSORTIUM’S PUBLIC EDUCATION COMMITTEE
Public education is the cornerstone of a successful Source Water Protection Program (SWPP). The Public Education Committee (PEC), consists of representatives from the Consortium, local community groups and the general public. Since 1994, the PEC has been active in education of the community, through festivals and educational events for all ages.
The Public Education Committee Purpose
- To educate and inform officials, residents and businesses of the area of the importance of groundwater protection.
- To secure cooperation with decision makers regarding the Source Water Protection Program to increase support.
PUBLIC EDUCATION ACTIVITIES IN THE HAMILTON TO NEW BALTIMORE AREA
Since it’s inception in 1994, the PEC has been active in a significant number of public activities and events. PEC activities include:
- School/Public Presentations – the PEC will continue to give presentations on groundwater and the SWPP to area schools, civic groups and elected officials.
- Participation in Local Festivals – the PEC will continue to staff displays at local and county festivals/fairs.
- Water Festival – the PEC participates in the planning efforts of the annual Butler County Water Festival held at Miami University Hamilton in the fall of each year. For more detail see the Children’s Waterfest page.
- Local Groundwater Video – the PEC through local contributions and a grant from Ohio EPA is producing a video on groundwater in the Hamilton to New Baltimore area.
Anyone interested in participating in any of these activities should contact Tim McLelland, Chair of the PEC, at email@example.com.